We first tried this wine last Thanksgiving and it became an instant crowd-pleaser due to its smoothness and great finish. At $12.99 a bottle, it also did not break the bank for any occasion. The best part, its dynamic and goes well with a variety of food.
Lots of cherry on the nose with vanilla. While drinking, it continues with lots of cherry and oak, however, the plum really comes through with a solid spice and pepper to finish.
This is a very drinkable wine that will not disappoint if you like jammy wine. For a zinfandel, this is a solid value wine that drinkers closer to a $20 wine.
Awards for this wine:
- Gold Medal, 2015 Artisan Awards
- 93 Points, 2015 Ultimate Wine Challenge
- Gold Medal, 2014 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Silver Medal, 2015 California State Fair Wine Competition
- Silver Medal, 2015 Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America Tasting Competition
About Scotto Family Cellars
Scotto Family Cellars is located in Lodi, the heart of California’s wine country. Long known for Old Vine Zinfandel, Lodi is now widely recognized as an appellation that produces other premium wines as well.
For more information, visit: www.scottocellars.com